Resources For Christians
Through Christian author Frederick Buechner’s thirty-six books, many Christians have come to realize a deeper faith and an enriched perspective on what it means to be a Christian. On this website we have collected a number of resources to help Christians explore Buechner’s writings and grow in their faith.
- Theme Pages – We have profiled seven of Buechner’s key themes and developed a web page for each. Each page goes into greater depth on one specific theme and includes examples of passages that deal with that theme.
- Quote-of-the-Day – Mr. Buechner’s profound statements have served as a treasure trove of quotations. We can provide you with one of his helpful and insightful quotes each day, delivered via email, Twitter, Facebook, or other avenues.
- Search By Topic – At the bottom of this page there is a search bar, we have digitized all of Frederick Buechner’s books and made them searchable. You can thus search for a particular topic and find all the places where it is mentioned in Buechner’s books.
- Audio and Video recordings – Hear and see Buechner delivering many of his sermons.
- Facebook Share – Whenever you Share an item on Facebook (found under the Share / Save button in various locations or our site) the item you have “Shared” will be stored on your Favorites page in the MyBuechner area (if you are logged in), and will also be posted to your Facebook page (if you are logged in there).
In addition to inspiring Christians around the world, Buechner’s writings have served to help people through a wide variety of life’s challenges. Many of Buechner’s books deal with the harsh realities of life, including failure, suicide, isolation, death, adultery, guilt, hatred, and many others. Through this they have served as beacons of hope that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not another train!