Resources For Seminaries
Whether you are a seminary professor or a student of theology, we hope that you will find Christian author Frederick Buechner’s writings illuminating and useful to your academic endeavors. Buechner has communicated a unique and enlightened version of Christianity and encouraged us to listen for God through the everyday moments of our lives. His writings have proven to be insightful on many topics, particularly those relating to faith, doubt, and experiencing life with all its ups and downs. In order to better support your exploration of Buechner and his theology, we have provided the following tools:
- Search By Topic – At the bottom of every page there will be a search bar, we have digitized all of Frederick Buechner’s books and made them searchable. You can thus search for a particular topic and find all the places where it is mentioned in Buechner’s books.
- Theme pages – Within this website, we have identified seven key themes and developed a web page for each. The page goes into greater depth on each theme and includes examples of passages that deal with that theme.
- Audio and Video recordings – Hear and see how Buechner delivered many of his sermons.
- Quote-of-the-Day – Mr. Buechner’s profound statements have served as a treasure trove of quotations. We can provide you with one of his helpful and insightful quotes each day, delivered via email, Twitter, Facebook, or other avenues.
- Facebook Share – Whenever you Share an item on Facebook (found under the Share / Save button in various locations or our site) the item you have “Shared” will be stored on your Favorites page in the MyBuechner area (if you are logged in), and will also be posted to your Facebook page (if you are logged in there).
In addition to inspiring ministries around the world, Buechner’s writings have served to help people through a wide variety of life’s challenges. Many of Buechner’s books deal with the harsh realities of life, including failure, suicide, isolation, death, adultery, guilt, hatred, and many others. However they also have served as beacons of hope that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not another train! Learn more how you can help others here. If you have ideas for additional ways in which we can support your efforts please feel free to Contact Us.