Resources for Searchers
Buechner’s writings have served to help people through a wide variety of life’s challenges. Many of Buechner’s books deal with the harsh realities of life, including failure, suicide, isolation, death, adultery, guilt, hatred, and many others. Through this they have served as beacons of hope that provide comfort, insight, and understanding that none of us is alone in our struggle. On this website we have a number of resources to explore Buechner’s writings.
- Theme Pages – We have profiled seven of Buechner’s key themes and developed a web page for each. Each page goes into greater depth on one specific theme and includes examples of passages that deal with that theme. One example is Hope Through Grace.
- Quote-of-the-Day – Mr. Buechner’s profound statements have provided healing and inspiration for many. We can provide you with one of his helpful and insightful quotes each day, delivered via email, Twitter, Facebook, or other avenues.
- Search By Topic – In the MyBuechner area of this website (sign in required), we have digitized all of Frederick Buechner’s books and made them searchable. You can thus search for a particular topic and find all the places where it is mentioned in Buechner’s books.
- Search By Phrase – If you’ve remembered part of one of Buechner’s quotes, you can search for that phrase and find the rest of the passage around it. Use the Search function in the MyBuechner area.
- Audio and Video recordings – Hear and see Buechner delivering many of his sermons.